The Windows Store can be a great way to get a free app, but for some people it can also be an unwelcome reminder of a purchase. If you’ve made a purchase within the last 30 days but have not received an email, you may need to check your email.
If you’re an avid Microsoft user and have a Microsoft Store account, you very well may have recently found out (for the first time) that the Microsoft Store has purchased your phone. The thought of spending money on something you don’t own and can’t use probably makes you a little uneasy right about now.
CEO and founder
Radu Tyrsina has been a Windows fan since he got his first PC, a Pentium III (a monster at the time). For most kids his age, the Internet was… Read more
- Many Windows 11 users have been suffering lately from the Microsoft Store notification that they bought a few minutes ago.
- Most threads on the forums indicate that Twitter and Candy Crush Saga are the applications that have this bug most often, but this is not the rule.
- This can be explained by the fact that they are Microsoft partners and appear to have been installed recently.
- To get started with this problem, make use of our step-by-step guide.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems:
This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which contains a patented technology (patent available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Lately, Windows users have been very concerned about the display of the Microsoft App Store.
Apps they never downloaded or used, or apps they bought years ago, will appear as if they were bought a few minutes ago or today.
This message may appear because the Microsoft Store automatically downloaded the free apps or because they were simply preinstalled in Windows 11.
No need to worry, there are a few easy ways to get rid of it, just follow these steps.
How do I fix the Microsoft Store application error in Windows 11?
- Click the Start button and select Settings.
- Click System, and then click Troubleshooting.
- Click More Troubleshooting Tools.
- Select Windows Store Apps from the list and click Run.
- Wait until the troubleshooting is complete.
- Restart your computer.
Once the troubleshooting is complete, please sign in again to Microsoft Store and check if the error persists.
If some applications are still showing the message you obtained a few minutes ago, proceed to the next step, as you may need to reset the cache.
2. Reset Microsoft Store cache
- Press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run dialog box.
- Type wsreset.exe and click OK.
- An empty prompt window opens.
- Wait a few seconds and the window will close and the Microsoft Store will open automatically.
- Restart your computer.
- Check if the error persists.
This command will completely and permanently delete all cached files from your Windows Store.
The cache contains the application data on your device, including your login information, so you will need to sign in again when you access Microsoft Store.
3. Microsoft Store Update
- Microsoft Open Store.
- Select View Details here.
- Continue with downloads and updates.
- Click the Get Updates button.
- If an update is available on the Microsoft Store, the installation will start automatically.
If you’re having trouble updating the Microsoft Store, we invite you to read our article and follow the troubleshooting steps.
It is as important to fix it as it is to prevent it. If you want to know how to prevent apps and games from loading automatically in Windows 11, read our guide.
How can I prevent Windows 11 from automatically installing applications?
1. Disable automatic installation of applications/games without permission
- Press Windows + R to open the registry editor.
- Type regedit in the taskbar search bar and click OK.
- Go ahead: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionContentDeliveryManager
- Find the value SilentInstalledAppsEnabled in the right pane, right-click on it and select Edit.
- Message: If you cannot find this value, create it by right-clicking on a blank screen, selecting New > DWORD (32-bit) and renaming SilentInstalledAppsEnabled.
- Replace its value with 0 in the Value Data field and press OK.
- Restart the device.
2. Create a new Windows key
- Follow the steps above to access the registry editor, and only now go there: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows
- Create a new key in a Windows key by right-clicking on an empty space and choosing New > Key.
- Rename the new key to CloudContent.
- Create a new value in this new key by right-clicking in an empty area of the CloudContent key and selecting New > DWORD Value (32 bits).
- Rename the new value to DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures.
- Right-click the DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures value, select Edit, and change the value in the Value data box to 1.
- Click OK and restart the computer.
This is also the time to remove unwanted applications automatically installed by Microsoft, as they will not come back.
See, three easy ways to solve this problem and two ways to prevent it from happening again, just follow all the steps carefully and in order.
Also, check out this Windows 11 preview to see what other apps are preinstalled in the new version of Windows 11.
If you would like to ask us a question, make a suggestion or just thank us, feel free to use the comments section below.
Was this page helpful?
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussion
window storemicrosoft store near memicrosoft moviescandy crush app,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,window store,microsoft store near me,microsoft movies,candy crush app