In a rapidly-evolving technological landscape filled with new and exciting new things, the year 2020 holds even greater promise for tech. This future of technology is outlined in this blog, which details the problems and solutions that we will face in the coming years, in order to get a better idea for what can be expected in the future.
Collectively we are a step closer to being able to live in a future where robots are able to take care of us like we take care of our dogs and children. From an economic standpoint, it is estimated that the cost of caring for an elderly person will increase from 3.3% of their lifetime income to as much as 20% in the next 20 years.
In Technology, we see new innovations in every field, and they are causing problems and solving for the problems of today. Every day we see the introduction of new products that are causing problems, and we are seeing the introduction of new products that solve for those problems. The problem with the introduction of new products is that they will not be perfect, and they will cause more problems than they solve.
In fact, for a very long time, technology has been a few wings ahead of the previous year each year. Technology has been advancing at a breakneck pace lately, making each year a milestone in the evolution of technology as a whole. Yet almost all current advances in all areas of technology are directly or indirectly due to computers.
For example, the recently released 1.8 billion-pixel photo of Mars was taken by Curiosity, a 993-pound rover that NASA successfully launched to Mars in 2012. The metal room contains sophisticated devices from almost every scientific field imaginable, but it is the twin computers of the Rover Compute Element, or RCE, that essentially control everything and allow for communication.
In our view, 2020 will be a particularly important year for IT. We’ll also be looking at other aspects of technology, but we think IT will be the central theme of 2020, with AI, mobile computing and cybersecurity in the lead.
NASA launches its fifth rover to Mars
Curiosity is perhaps the most relevant and effective of all at the moment, but it was not the first Mars rover sent to Mars by NASA, as Sojourner, Spirit and Opportunity preceded it. However, the Perseverance rover, also known as Mars Rover 2020, will launch later this year in July and August, replacing Curiosity as the newest and most advanced rover to ever explore Mars.
The fifth Mars rover is considered not only one of the biggest milestones in technological development in 2020, but also the most advanced stage of space exploration in human history. Check out the key aspects of Project Persistence below:
- Although Curiosity is the main inspiration for the Perseverance design, numerous improvements have been made to the original design.
- It will carry a drill that can be used to drill and collect samples from the depths of Mars under the guidance of an artificial intelligence.
- Perseverance is powered by an advanced navigation artificial intelligence that will enable the rover to land safely on Mars.
- Once AI is on Mars, navigation and mapping will play an important role in surface navigation, exploration, and perhaps even return travel.
- The main goal of Persistence is to look for the presence of ancient life on Mars, even if it is microbial.
Quantum physics and the Internet begin to merge
When someone mentions quantum physics, a secure internet connection is not what immediately comes to mind, but that will all change in 2020! Stephanie Wehner and her team at Delft University of Technology are doing exactly that. The strengths of the project are as follows
- They are developing an internet network based on the principles of quantum physics.
- All communication on the photonic network will be completely secure and theoretically unbreakable.
- Initially, the project will be limited to Dutch cities.
- Delft and The Hague to have a working quantum internet connection by the end of 2020
It should be noted that this project is different from the Chinese project presented earlier. It used a similar quantum technology based on photons, but combined with traditional technology, leaving it vulnerable to hacking attempts.
Juggling problems and solutions in mobile computing
If quantum networks could be used to connect the entire world within months, and if such development were affordable, we could theoretically be largely rid of cyber threats. However, none of this is possible in the long term. The technology itself is still under development, so it will be a long time before two-photon compounds become the norm. In the meantime, however, there are serious security concerns that need to be addressed.
As mentioned in this post about the most common problems with mobile computing at Wilfrid Laurier University, all of the problems listed below should be addressed in 2020 and beyond:
- Larger screens and power-hungry applications deplete the battery faster than before.
- the use of outdated versions of mobile operating systems without the necessary security protocols to protect user data
- Concerns about data leakage and a huge increase in the frequency of outages of public wireless LANs.
These problems will in turn force IT professionals to work harder to find solutions and as a result, the demand for them as professionals will increase. This will lead to :
- Increase in the number of jobs available for computer specialists
- A rapidly increasing salary, expected to average over $100,000 per year.
Personalised drug development and treatment for rare genetic diseases
Can drugs be tailored to a patient’s unique genetic characteristics? In the past, this would not have been thought possible, but research in this category has made tremendous progress, and by 2020 we could see a very different approach to rare genetic diseases, but first we need to highlight the main problem.
- Many rare genetic sensitivities and diseases cannot be treated simply because they are rare.
- Since very few people suffer from these diseases, the treatment options have not even been explored yet.
- If pharmaceutical companies see no financial benefit in developing such a drug, they are unlikely to invest in it.
This change in approach can be called the development of personalized medicine and can be described as follows:
- A genetic predisposition, disease or rare genetic disorder of the patient is discovered for the first time.
- Development of an effective treatment for this specific patient.
- Due to the specific nature of the drug, it works exceptionally well in the patient in question.
Treatment options for these patients go beyond the development of personalized medicines, although this is a complex and important part of a multi-faceted approach. Options may be one or more of the following:
- Gene exchange: The defective gene is replaced, if possible, thereby eliminating the cause itself.
- Gene editing: Modification of the patient’s overall genetic makeup, if possible, to improve his or her condition.
- Antisens: Often called genetic eraser, it can erase problematic genetic codes and messages.
We think 2020 will be a huge year for personalized genetic treatments, although the obvious financial burdens will limit their availability.
Artificial intelligence has found a cure for everything
It may sound like science fiction, but the process has already begun in 2020 itself. We will have to wait until 2023-2025 for results, but the potential is enormous, to say the least. But to explain this concept, we must first take a brief look at the medical possibilities of molecular biology:
- In total there are about 1,060 molecules, and therein lies the virtual possibility of synthesizing any drug for any existing disease
- The problem is that it is almost impossible to determine experimentally which ones are needed for a particular drug, because the molecular volume is almost immeasurable.
- Using humans as the benchmark, AI can perform the same task, but the process is faster and more accurate.
- The use of algorithmic programs, both to decipher the potential of known molecules and to expand the database, will begin in 2020.
Aside from the semi-fantastic potential to one day find cures for almost any disease, molecular research with AI has immediate benefits.
- This makes drug discovery and marketing a more financially viable option.
- Molecular intelligence with AI can see risks and opportunities that human chemists cannot initially see.
- The virtual simulation process significantly reduces the rounds and risks of animal and human drug trials.
- Reduction of risks and workarounds reduces the time and cost of drug development.
Quantum computers have finally been demonstrated by Google
Quantum computers have been a theoretical step in the evolution of computers for some time, but their enormous potential was not realized until October 2019, when Google presented actual evidence that they are indeed light years ahead of conventional computers in their capabilities. Other major companies such as Microsoft, IBM and Quantum Circuits are also expected to provide real proofs of the capabilities of quantum computing by 2020.
What exactly can we expect from quantum computers? According to Google’s demonstration, their 53-qubit quantum computer took 3 minutes to perform the necessary calculations and solve a problem that would have taken the most powerful traditional supercomputer 1.5 billion times longer!
Let’s take a look at a brief summary of these proposed features:
- A quantum computer can already process information and solve problems that would take the most powerful supercomputer available today more than 1,000 years to solve.
- You can even decode the cryptographic information
- With the right artificial intelligence algorithms, quantum computers can be used to find the aforementioned key molecules much faster.
Either way, quantum computers will still be a conceptual product in 2020. A decade is the estimated minimum time we can expect them to be truly useful in real-life scenarios.A lot of people tend to associate technology with the future. But, just because we think about the future doesn’t mean we don’t have problems today. There are many technological innovations and problems that will make life in 2020 so much better than it is in 2017. Things aren’t going to change overnight. We will get to 2020 in stages. For the first stages of technological developments, we will see new technology taking over the world. This technological revolution will be the beginning of the end for analog technology. Looking into the future, we can see that video games will be a popular form of entertainment with popular games like Fortnite, the Nintendo Switch, and the PS5.. Read more about current technology issues 2020 articles and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are new innovations in technology?
New innovations in technology are the latest technological devices and developments.
What are some examples of problems with technology that you would like to have solved?
I would like to have a way to create a new identity for myself that is not tied to my online identity.
What is the next big thing in technology 2020?
The next big thing in technology 2020 is the internet of things. What is the next big thing in technology 2024? The next big thing in technology 2024 is the internet of things.
unsolved problems in technology 2020current technology issues 2020current technology issues 2021information technology issues 2020current technology issues 2020 articlestechnology issues today,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,unsolved problems in technology 2020,current technology issues 2020,current technology issues 2021,information technology issues 2020,current technology issues 2020 articles,technology issues today,challenges facing the technology industry,problems with technology in society