A few weeks ago, I got myself a Google Chromecast, which is a small, HDMI stick that allows me to stream my videos from my phone, to my TV.
Steam is a popular gaming platform that allows players to download and play a variety of games. It is also a great way to seamlessly update your game content across multiple devices. However, Steam has issues when it comes to providing uninterrupted access to certain games. The reason for this is that Steam uses the “Web Connection Proxy” feature by default. This is an anti-cheat measure that is designed to prevent malicious users from playing games from other places than their own home network.
Madalina has been a Windows fan since she picked up her first Windows XP computer. She is interested in all technologies, especially new ones – artificial intelligence and DNA-based computing in particular. Read more
Updated: 8. July 2021.
Published: June 2019
- Some users have reported that the server was disconnected while playing online on Steam.
- One of the best solutions is to update the video card driver with a reliable tool.
- You can also try deleting your Steam and DNS configuration to solve the problem.
- Check your internet connection as it may prevent you from enjoying online games.
To solve various PC problems, we recommend DriverFix:
This software keeps your drivers up-to-date and protects you from common computer errors and hardware malfunctions. Check all your drivers in 3 easy steps:
- Download DriverFix (verified download file).
- Click on the Start Scan button to find all problematic drivers.
- Click Update Driver to get the new versions and avoid system crashes.
- DriverFix was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Some users have reported an issue connecting to the Steam servers. When you try to play online games, the connection is broken after a few seconds.
Apparently the Steam connection is broken after starting the game. We have found some solutions to help you get rid of this annoying problem, so read on.
What should I do if my internet connection is interrupted while I’m playing on Steam?
- Open Start and search for Steam.
- Right click on it and select Delete. You will then be able to access the Control Panel and uninstall the program.
- Remove Steam.
- Download and install the Steam client with administrator rights.
- Make sure you turn on the Steam overlay feature in the game.
To fix unwanted bugs or errors, sometimes the easiest way is to uninstall and reinstall Steam. Make sure you follow the above steps and get rid of this problem easily.
- Open the Control Panel and go to System and Security.
- Under Windows Defender Firewall, select the Allow application through Windows Firewall option.
- Click Edit Settings, find the Steam application and make sure the Public and Private boxes are checked.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus software.
- Click OK and try restarting Steam to see if that fixes the problem.
By allowing Steam to bypass the Windows Defender firewall you can also prevent unwanted platform breaks when you open the game, so try it now.
- Open the Internet browser and check whether the web pages load quickly and smoothly.
- Perform a hardware reset of the router/modem.
- Also, try using a wired connection instead of a Wi-Fi connection.
With the proliferation of Internet connections around the world, not all sites have the same amount of bandwidth needed to run today’s multimedia-rich websites.
That’s why it’s so important to check your internet connection and make sure everything is in order, to avoid the annoying problem of Steam disconnecting when you want to play a game.
Also, check out our top browsers that don’t require much bandwidth to make sure the virtual experience meets your expectations.
- Press the Windows logo key + R and type steam://flushconfig in the output box.
- In the Steam prompt that appears, select OK.
- Press the Windows logo key + R and type cmd in the output box.
- On the command line, type the following command and press Enter: ipconfig /flushdns
- Log back into Steam and see if that fixes the problem.
By clearing your Steam and DNS configuration, you can fix the problem of Steam disconnecting when you try to play online, so be sure to try this simple method.
If you’re having trouble disabling Steam from ACC, follow our step-by-step guide to easily solve the problem.
- Click the Windows logo key + R, type devmgmt.msc in the output box, and press Enter.
- In Device Manager, expand the Display Adapters section by clicking on it.
- Right-click on the graphics card and select Update Driver.
- Click Automatically check for driver updates.
- Give permission to download the updated drivers and wait for the installation to complete.
- Restart the computer after the installation is completed.
Another option is to use third-party software that scans your computer and downloads the necessary drivers in seconds. This ensures that your device is working properly and has the latest security features.
To make sure that everything goes well and no GPU driver errors occur, it is best to use a comprehensive driver update wizard that will solve your problems in a few clicks. We recommend DriverFix. Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the software.
- Wait until DriverFix has detected all defective drivers.
- Now the application will show you all the drivers that have problems, and you just need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait until the application has downloaded and installed the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Let your GPU perform at its best without worrying about drivers.
Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
We hope that at least one of our solutions will help you solve your Steam connection problem. If you know of any other ways to solve this problem, please leave them in the comment box below.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussion
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my internet keep disconnecting when I play a game?
This is a common issue for many people. This can be caused by a variety of different factors. This can be caused by a variety of different factors. The first thing you can do is to try to fix your internet connection by following these steps: Step 1: Check your internet connection. Step 2: If you are not receiving a good signal, try moving closer to your modem. Step 3: If you are still not receiving a good signal, try switching your modem off and on. Step 4: If you are still not receiving a good signal, try switching your modem off and on. Step 5: If you are still not receiving a good signal, try switching your modem off and on. Step 6: If you are still not receiving a good signal, try switching your modem off and on. Step 7: If you are still not receiving a good signal, try switching your modem off and on. Step 8: If you are still not receiving a good signal, try switching your modem off and on. Step 9: If you are still not receiving a good signal, try switching your modem off and on. Step 10: If you are still not receiving a good signal, try switching your modem off and on. Step 11: If you are still not receiving a good signal, try switching your modem off and on. Step 12
How do I stop steam from disconnecting?
Steam disconnection is a common issue in the game, and there are a few things you can do to prevent it. First, make sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements for the game. Second, make sure that you have the latest version of the game. Third, if you are still having issues, you can try turning off your anti-virus software. If you are still having issues, please contact customer service.
Why does my internet disconnect when I open steam?
A common cause for disconnection is when a network cable is unplugged or disconnected.
Feedback,wifi disconnects when playing gamesinternet disconnects when i open a gamesteam disconnects my internetsteam keeps disconnecting 2020steam constantly disconnecting 2020internet disconnects when playing games windows 10,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,internet disconnects when playing games windows 10,wifi disconnects when playing games,internet disconnects when i open a game,wifi keeps disconnecting when playing games,steam disconnects my internet,steam keeps disconnecting 2020,steam constantly disconnecting 2020,steam keeps disconnecting and reconnecting