Kodi is a popular media player software that has been around for some time, but has recently gained more popularity due to its open source nature and the fact that it is available for most platforms out there. Kodi has been around for a long time, but recently, thanks to the growth of streaming video, it has been getting a lot more attention. Sam Vimes, an avid user himself, has written a very comprehensive guide for installing Kodi on many different platforms.
Kodi is one of the most popular open source media center software applications available on all platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and more. It is also one of the most flexible and customisable media center software applications available. Kodi is also one of the most widely used HTPC applications.
Kodi is an easily customizable open source media player developed by the XBMC foundation. Allows users to stream media content from various online services such as Amazon Prime, Pandora Internet Radio, Crackle, Rhapsody, Spotify, YouTube, etc. Kodi is available for a variety of devices and operating systems, including smartphones, TVs, Amazon FireTV and Firestick, as well as major operating systems like Windows, macOS, Linux and Android. It is 100% free and available on all devices.
The user interface of Kodi is very simple and intuitive and allows users to easily access music, movies, online content and TV media. With Kodi, anyone can easily stream digital content from their laptop, tablet, smartphone, PC and even their big screen TV. However, if you want to download it, you should use different download tools like Tumblr or Twitch Clip Downloader. Kodi comes with several interesting add-ons that allow you to play live TV channels.
In a nutshell, Kodi is a free, all-in-one entertainment center that puts all your digital media content into one package.
Here we will discuss the process of installing Kodi on different platforms. Let’s see.
To install Kodi on Windows
- The installation of Kodi on the Windows operating system is very simple and straightforward. There are two ways to install Kodi on the Windows platform.
- In both cases, you must first go to the official website https://kodi.tv/.
- Click Windows in the list of compatible platforms.
- You have two options to install Kodi on your Windows PC, which are listed below.
When you choose the Windows Store, you will need to sign in to your Microsoft account if you haven’t already. You can then click on Get App and Kodi will be installed.
If you only want to obtain the installation file, click INSTALL (32-bit for 32-bit operating systems and 64-bit for 64-bit operating systems). The installation file will be downloaded automatically. Run the installation file and enjoy Kodi.
To install Kodi on MACOS
- Visit the official website at https://kodi.tv/.
- From the list of compatible platforms, select OSX, iOS.
- A new window will open where you click on macOS.
- Download the installation program (DMG file).
- Open the downloaded DMG file and drag the Kodi icon to the application folder.
- Open Kodi from the application folder.
To install Kodi on your iPhone or iPad
- Kodi is not available in the App Store, so we need an installer for this process.
- The recommended installer for this process is TweakBox. Download the TweakBox application from the official website www.tweakboxapp.com.
- Press the installation button.
- Click on Authorize.
- A message that the profile has been downloaded appears. Click on the Close button.
- Go back to the home screen and open the settings.
- Click on the downloaded profile.
- Press the installation button.
- Press the sleep button.
- Go back to the home screen and open the TweakBox application.
- Find Kodi and install it.
To install Kodi on a Linux operating system
- Navigate to the Start menu from the graphical user interface.
- Search for an Ubuntu software application.
- Download Kodi from the Ubuntu application.
- Then install Kodi from the command line with your administrator privileges.
How do I install Kodi on Android
- Installing Kodi on Android is easy.
- Just open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Searching in Kodi.
- Install Kodi.
- Open it and enjoy.
To install Kodi on Firestick and Fire TV
- Access your Fire TV.
- Now go to the settings.
- Then navigate to the device.
- Now select the Developer option.
- Allow the installation of applications from unknown sources.
- Enable ADB debugging.
- Go back to the settings.
- Next, the presets.
- Navigate to the ad ID.
- Turn off interest-based advertising.
- Returns to the main menu.
- Go to the search menu and type downloader.
- Select the downloader and download it.
- Open the downloader and search for http://tinyutl.com/kodi18rc2 in the URL bar.
- Download the file and install it.
How to install subtitles on Kodi
Subtitles are considered an integral part of any digital medium. When we watch a movie and have trouble understanding the soundtrack, subtitles are all we think about. Sometimes we don’t need subtitles, but there are a lot of things, like poor sound quality and actors’ accents, where subtitles are necessary. Anyway, the subtitles help us understand the film better, which makes it much more enjoyable.
So the good news is that we can get free subtitles on Kodi, and the best way to get them is a site called www.opensubtitles.org, which is by far the best and most reliable subtitle site. This is just one of the many add-ons available for Kodi. It has a feature that allows you to view ratings and reviews from other users to determine the most suitable subtitles for your movie or video.
How to install OpenSubtitles on Kodi
- Open Kodi.
- Open Add-ons on the home screen.
- Click on the Open Package icon on the left side of the screen.
- Select install from archive.
- Click on the Subtitles category. If you don’t see it, go to All Repositories. You’ll find it here.
- Select org and click Install on the next screen.
- On the Settings screen, tap Set Up. Here you must enter your user name and password for the account.
- Now go back to the Kodi startup screen.
- Open the settings icon.
- Select a player setting.
- Navigate to Language and select the language you have chosen as the subtitle language.
- Start the movie and display the subtitles. Click the Subtitles button at the bottom of the player and select the subtitles you want to play.
- Your movie should now play with subtitles.
Kodi is a great application that makes watching digital multimedia content very attractive and free. I hope you can install Kodi on your platform without any problems. HOORAY!!!