In this article, i’ll show you how to troubleshoot an issue where users cannot load images in Microsoft Teams Chat on Windows 10.
Microsoft Teams is a great tool for staying in touch with co-workers and clients, but sometimes you need to share content in that app. To help with the problem of images not loading, we’ve written a simple troubleshooting guide to help you get your images back in the Teams chat.
It is not uncommon to have trouble with the team chat feature in Microsoft Teams, and here’s a quick troubleshooting article to help you get it back up and running.. Read more about microsoft teams images not showing and let us know what you think.RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Microsoft Teams is a unified communications platform integrated into the Office 365 subscription suite.
Microsoft Teams offers permanent workplace chat, video conferencing, file storage and application integration. In other words: Microsoft Teams is Microsoft’s version of the collaboration tool.
Of course, chatting includes sending and receiving images, and some users have reported issues with images displaying in Microsoft Teams.
What’s the reason that I am not able to upload pictures to Microsoft Teams Chat?
Outdated version of Teams : Updated versions of applications will save your system from many problems. If you are using an outdated version of Teams, you may encounter the discussed error.
Incompatible device/OS : Microsoft Teams is a cross-platform application. If the operating system/device you are using has compatibility issues, you may have a permanent problem.
Unsupported browsers : Teams supports almost all modern browsers. However, if there are compatibility issues with a browser, the images may no longer be displayed in that browser.
How do I troubleshoot Can’t upload images in Microsoft Teams chat?
updated June 2021:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility repairs common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this program you can quickly solve PC problems and prevent further problems:
- Step 1: Download the PC recovery and optimization tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click Start Scan to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing problems with your PC.
- Step Three: Click Repair All to fix all issues.
Disable GPU hardware acceleration
As you play, your graphics card is working overtime to render images and make the game smoother. GPU hardware acceleration is a feature that does the same for commonly used programs like Microsoft Teams.
- Open Microsoft Teams and navigate to your profile icon. It should be in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the General tab, find the Disable GPU Hardware Acceleration option and enable it.
- Finally, restart Microsoft Teams.
Log out and log in to your account
These common network errors can usually be attributed to a connection problem between your account and the server. When you log out of your account, this connection is completely severed. When you reconnect, ideally the connection should be fully restored.
Fortunately, the steps to log out and log in to your account are the same in the browser and in the Teams app.
- Hover your mouse over your profile icon in the top right corner of your screen and click on it.
- A drop-down menu will open, locate it and select Logout to log out of your account.
- Finally, enter your details and log in again.
Uninstalling the Mircosoft Teams application
When you close Microsoft Teams in the traditional way, it may not be completely removed from your computer’s memory. This is mainly because the processes associated with the program may continue to run in the background, either for monitoring purposes or due to an error.
Unfortunately, this background process may be the cause of your problem. We will break down the Microsoft Teams application with a feature called Task Manager.
Fortunately for us, Task Manager keeps track of all running foreground and background processes, including system processes. We find and remove all running files related to Microsoft Teams.
- Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC.
- You can also go to the Start menu and search for Task Manager.
- If the task manager now opens without a tab, expand the details.
- Move your mouse to the bottom left corner of Task Manager and click on Details.
- If you see tabs, find Process and click on it.
- You can click an active application and type Microsoft Teams to find and highlight Microsoft Teams.
- You can also search for this procedure yourself.
- Finally, right-click on the process and click on End Task to terminate the program.
Delete Microsoft Teams cached files
In this method, we will clean the cache files of Microsoft Teams to get rid of corrupted files or data that may cause your problem.
By clearing the cache files, you will not lose any personal data, but you will have to reconfigure the settings to your liking.
- First, open the Run dialog box. To do this, use the Windows key combination + R or search for Run on the Start menu.
- Then enter %appdata% in the dialog box. A folder with several files should open on the screen.
- In this folder, find the Microsoft folder and open it.
- Finally, find the Teams folder and delete it.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
If Microsoft Teams does not display images, sign out of your account and close the application. Then restart Teams and log in again. With this quick fix, you can clear the client’s cache. Make sure Teams now displays images and GIFs correctly.
- Disable hardware acceleration.
- Restart Microsoft Teams.
- Enable hardware acceleration.
- Restart Microsoft Teams.
- The images should now load normally.
- Save the image to the local hard disk.
- Click the Attach button in the message to view and locate your file.
- Select the image you want to download from a computer.
A few weeks ago, we had a dilemma: we needed to create some images for a Microsoft Teams video that would eventually be posted on the goondorfs YouTube Channel. The problem? Our image library isn’t shared between PCs on the same network, so we couldn’t just use the built-in Pictures library. We took to the web and did a ton of research, but couldn’t find a solution to our problem, so we turned to the Microsoft Community forums in hopes of a solution. The problem with forums, though, is that they are often quiet, and it can be hard to get the attention of someone who is an expert in that field.. Read more about microsoft teams gifs not working 2020 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Microsoft Team images not loading?
If you are using Microsoft Teams, the images may not load. This is because Microsoft Teams uses a different image format than the one that we use for our website.
Why can’t I see images in Microsoft teams?
Microsoft Teams does not support images.
How do you show pictures in team chat?
You can use the following commands to show pictures in team chat: /showme [picture] /showme [picture]
Feedback,microsoft teams images not showingmicrosoft teams can't send image in chatmicrosoft teams gifs not working 2020microsoft teams image download failedteams picture not showing in meetingmicrosoft teams image preview not working,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,3:36Profile Picture and Settings in Microsoft Teams – Teams Tutorial Part 2Learning and Technology with FrankYouTube – Aug 9, 2020,3:36,Profile Picture and Settings in Microsoft Teams – Teams Tutorial Part 2,Learning and Technology with FrankYouTube – Aug 9, 2020,Learning and Technology with Frank,YouTube – Aug 9, 2020,1:38How to Change Microsoft Teams Profile PictureHowfinityYouTube – Jun 8, 2020,1:38,How to Change Microsoft Teams Profile Picture,HowfinityYouTube – Jun 8, 2020,Howfinity,YouTube – Jun 8, 2020,4:07How to Change Your Profile Picture in Microsoft Teams – Microsoft …That Office GuyYouTube – Oct 7, 2020,4:07,How to Change Your Profile Picture in Microsoft Teams – Microsoft …,That Office GuyYouTube – Oct 7, 2020,That Office Guy,YouTube – Oct 7, 2020,See more,microsoft teams images not showing,microsoft teams image preview not working,microsoft teams profile picture not showing in chat,microsoft teams can't send image in chat,microsoft teams gifs not working 2020,microsoft teams image download failed,not able to see images in microsoft teams